Thursday, January 17, 2013

Memories

I have these questionnaires from grade school that I filled out when I was in about third maybe fourth grade, and my favorite things to do were; drawing and listening to the rain. After all these years I still enjoy doing these things, especially drawing! I just have the worst habit of abandoning my art once I've started it. Well that's all changing, I'm feeling inspired more than ever these days.


Over two years ago when my boyfriend and I first started going out, he was invited to paint live at the 111 Minna Gallery in San Francisco for an event (I can not remember for the life of me what it was called), long story short he invited me to go with and we ended up collaborating a big piece on a sheet of wood. It was my first time painting live anywhere, we had so much fun. Although it went unfinished for a while, he recently pulled it out to finish it and submit it to a group show he's in at http://www.shoptheusuals.com (an awesome boutique in San Jose). We got down on it recently, and finished the piece. We both created characters that have a retro feel to them, I think it's awesome how they completely changed from start to finish. Check out the flicks below and see the final product. 



Laying out the characters...


Supplies...


Me and my boo taking a break (doesn't he have the cutest smile lol)


City lights in S.F.


Making progress...this is the last photo from that night.


Character by me...


Character by Force 129


Memories by Force129 & Valentina 



The End 


Sincerely,

Nifty